Gateway Specialty Insurance has top rated markets to quote package or monoline insurance for a caregiver.
Get a quote for caregiver service or organization by completing an application.
Coverage for a caregiver service or organization can include:
Directors & Officers Liability
Employment Practices Liability
Abuse and Molestation
Employee Benefits Liability
Blanket Additional Insureds
Policy highlights can include:
- Defense outside limits
- Separate or shared limits for psychiatrists, psychologists and other MD/mid-levels professionals
- Industry leading broadening forms
- Broad definition of who is an insured
- Easy access to brokers
- Underwriting expertise with limited customer distribution
- Ability to provide admitted and non-admitted terms
- Coverage can be written claims-made or occurrence
- Risk management services
- Separate limits for General Liability, Professional Liability and Abuse and Molestation
- In-house claims experts
Nonprofit caregiver claim examples
Professional Liability Claim:
A Registered Nurse administers a pain relieving intravenous drug to an elderly patient. The patient has an allergic reaction, causing them to break out into a painful rash. The patient’s family is upset and sues for pain and suffering.
Abuse and Molestation Claim:
A man who is volunteering as a caregiver receives consent to take a woman he is helping on a trip. During the trip, the woman is sexually molested. The woman’s family sues the organization’s Abuse and Molestation coverage for bodily injury and mental duress.
Hired/Non Owned Auto Claim:
Holly is a caregiver working for an abuse shelter organization that provides companionship to victims of sexual abuse. While Holly is driving a client for a visit to the doctor’s office she fails to yield at a stop sign and strikes another vehicle. The client sustains a severe bodily injury and sues Holly’s personal auto policy. It turns out that the claims amount will ultimately exceed Holly’s personal auto limits and a secondary claim is made against the Hired/Non-Owned policy of the nonprofit religious outreach organization.